Monday, April 13, 2015

Why I'm doing Round 3 of BBG & What I'm adding in!


Have you ever loved something, or someone associated with something, so you really wanted to jump into it full force, even though you know in the back of your mind it's not for you? I've been a Tone it Up plan member for a few years. I love the girls, I love their workouts, and before I committed to any specific workout format, I did them a few times a week. They were a great change from my past TAM habit! I own the first two DVD's and would regularly mix them in with my weekly workouts on the fly. I even love those girls so much, I watched and adored their show on Bravo (which I really hope comes back!). But just like the age old saying.... "just because you love something, it doesn't always mean it's good for you." I mean, I'm sure the workouts in general are very good for me! Just not necessarily good for my overall fitness plan.

So last week I had posted that I was committing to the latest TIU challenge - The Bikini Series. I was super excited and was so ready to be part of another challenge with girls all over the world. I posted a pic of my workout calendar the other day and diligently filled out each day with Karena & Katrina's 8 weeks of workouts. I was pumped! But there was this teeny little voice in the back of my mind that I was trying my best to ignore. So I just kept the momentum going. This morning I was so excited for Day 1 that I promptly posted a pic on my Instagram announcing my excitement!

Fast forward to this afternoon when I get done work. I go on my blissful 3mi LISS in the park and I come home and start my first Bikini Series workout. But have you ever done something and you just know that the actual format of it, just isn't for you? I finished the first day (adding some other bits in as well) but I just didn't feel happy like I always did while doing the BBG. Don't get me wrong, it was a great workout! My abs were burning and it was working, I just didn't have the motivation and enjoyment doing it that I have when I do any of Kayla Itsines workouts.  In all my years of working out and trying various methods, I've never found anything that works as well, as fast, and that I like as much as the BBG. Sometimes I guess you just find the right fitness format that works for you and that's what you should stay with!

So I've decided to do Round 3 of BBG! But this time I'm going to make some changes. I'll be adding in Lauren Gleisberg's (who I also love, and focuses on my 2nd fav type of workout - weights!!!) current challenge, and on the 3 days of LISS only, I'll be adding in whatever workout I feel like doing that day! Most likely some TIU, some Yoga, or maybe some Blogilates and back to my beloved TAM a couple times a week! I'm also planning on focusing more on accuracy and movement rather than trying to go really fast, and adding some more weight as well. When you know, you just know.

I'm looking forward to this last round and prepping myself to finally do BBG 2.0 this summer! Good luck to all you BBG veterans and newbies! I hope you stop by my blog again and check in! =)


Christy
xoxo


DISCLAIMER: This post is not a sponsored review. All sites featured are due to my own personal experience and preference and are not affiliate sites. I have not received any compensation for this post.