Monday, June 26, 2017

Why You need a Food Scale - A Review


Hi Lovelies! I can't believe it's almost July already! With the hot weather, I've amped up my health & fitness routine to prep for shorts. Part of that is continuing to do BBG, but the other part has been really fine-tuning my eating even more with a food scale. I already track my macros, but I know that if you're already on top your food consumption (meaning calorie amounts, macros, and such) and not losing fat, your serving sizes can be more than you realize. If you tend to eyeball like me, you can really underestimate how much you might be eating. This can make a HUGE difference! I know with myself, if I'm not on point with my meals and staying on top of sugar and grain-based carbs especially, the weight can start creeping up again. 

So that's where this nifty little food scale by EatSmart comes in to play. You can choose to weigh food in ounces or pounds, and you can also weigh food on a plate or in a bowl, without the weight of the container effecting what is shown. I've been using it daily for the last couple of months, and it has helped me tremendously. I was absolutely eating more than 1 serving amount of food and without a doubt it was effecting my results. Case in point, I've been eyeballing pistachio servings lately. But today, since I'm really cutting again, I decided to break out my scale. Whoooooooaaaaa!!! I was eating at least twice the serving size of pistachios because I was using the cup amount on the nutritional info. Yikes! That just goes to show that it's easy to get comfortable with feeling like you "just know" a serving size, and also why Intuitive Eating doesn't always work for everyone. 

This scale is a great price point as well. If you've been struggling with fat loss and clean eating with a good fitness routine in place, I highly recommend giving this food scale a try! It might just be the missing piece to the puzzle that you need. Ps - It's also on super sale right now on Amazon!!!

Make sure to check out EatSmart on their Social Media channels. They make some other really neat gadgets!



Check back soon to find out who makes my most favorite protein ever!!! 


Christy
xoxo




** while I received no financial compensation for this post, I was provided a scale in return for my honest review.